BaseBoard® / PCI
TITLE: BaseBoard ® / PCI
PART NUMBER: 811600
Description: The BaseBoard® / PCI provides flexible, programmable digital input/output for the PCI computer. The unique design of the BaseBoard / PCI allows you to add from 96 to 384 lines of TTL compatible Digital I/O to your computer using a single small PCI card.
This product line consists of a small PCI card, about 2" x 3" (51mm x 76mm) that installs in the computer. A single DB25 connector on the back of the PCI card connects to an external DeskTop unit. The DeskTop unit contains front panel mounted header connectors that provide 96 Digital I/O connections. Up to four DeskTop units can be used with a single PCI card providing up to 384 Digital I/O connections.
Multiple PCI cards can also be installed to provide even more digital I/O. For example, four PCI cards can provide 1536 digital I/O signals.
Optional plug-in modules install in the DeskTop unit to provide 5000v optical isolation, increased voltage and current handling, Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog conversion.
The BaseBoard® / PCI remains 100% compatible with the well established BaseBoard / ISA card allowing customers to upgrade to PCI systems without having to rewrite their existing software or re-cable their test environment!
Overview:The BaseBoard®/ PCI provides flexible, programmable digital input/output for the PCI computer. The unique design of the BaseBoard / PCI allows you to add from 96 to 384 lines of TTL compatible Digital I/O to your computer using a single small PCI card.
Optional plug in modules can extend the features of the card by adding opto-isolation to the Digital I/O while providing both over-voltage protection and increased buffer/driver capabilities; adding Analog-to-Digital capabilities; and by adding Digital-to-Analog capabilities.
- Small PCI card that connects to a convenient DeskTop unit
- PCI card measures 2" x 3" (51mm x 76mm)
- DeskTop unit measures 11" W x 4" H x 7" D (280mm x 102mm x 178mm)
- Single DB25 connector on interface
- Single cable to DeskTop Unit
- DeskTop unit provides 96 Digital I/O
- Single PCI card controls four DeskTop units for up to 384 Digital I/O lines
- Convenient DeskTop units provide easy quick-connect cable attachments
- Digital I/O with Dynamic Digital Buffering (DDB) technology
- Provides 15ma/64ma source/sink current in all operating modes!
- Fully supports 8255 modes 0, 1, and 2
- 100 % Compatible with original 1981 ISA version means easy to upgrade to PCI!
- Upgrade to PCI without changing your software
- Upgrade to PCI without changing your cabling
- Multiple BaseBoard / PCI cards can be installed in your computer.
- Four cards provide up to 1536 Digital I/O signals!
- I/O lines programmable in sets (ports) of 8
- Eight ports can be used with two-wire handshaking
- Four ports can be used as bi-directional I/O with four-wire handshaking
- Optional plug-in opto-isolation modules
- Easy to install inside the DeskTop unit
- Provide over-voltage protection and higher voltage/current capability
- Extends Digital I/O from TTL +5 volts to 300 volts
- A/D and D/A modules available!
TITLE: BaseBoard / PCI: Computer card only
PART NUMBER: 811601
- Small PCI computer interface
- measures 2" x 3" (51mm x 76mm)
- 6 foot cable to connect PCI card to DeskTop unit
- Spare card if your existing card becomes damaged
- Additional card if you want to split DeskTop units between multiple cards
Power Supply For Desktop Units Only
TITLE: DeskTop Power Supply
PART NUMBER: 301071
- Voltage Range
- 90-110v USA
- 100-220v Outside USA
- AC Mains Plug matches country of Destination
- Overvoltage and Short-circuit protection
Modules install directly on the BaseBoard® and provides special features such as optical isolation, over-voltage protection, increased voltage handling, and increased electrical current sinking. The BaseBoard® modules incorporate Scientific Solutions PowerTag technology that allows software to automatically identify and configure the module.
Screw Terminals and Cables
Ribbon cables and Screw Terminals provide a convenient method to connect to the BaseBoard® Digital I/O connections. Use 40 position cables and terminals to connect directly to the BaseBoard® or if using the Hand-Shake Module. Use 50 position cables and terminals if using the Opto Modules.
TITLE Screw Terminal, 40 Position
PART NUMBER 811973
TITLE Cable, Flat Ribbon, 40 conductor, 6ft (1.8m)
PART NUMBER: 938605
TITLE Screw Terminal, 50 Position
PART NUMBER 811974
TITLE Cable, Flat Ribbon, 50 conductor, 6ft (1.8m)
PART NUMBER 943265
Solid State Relay (SSR)
Digital I/O signals from the computer are typically TTL type of signals. This means that they are 5v logic and can typically source/sink current in the 15 to 64ma range. If you need to control or sense higher voltage signals (example 60v DC or 120v/240v AC) and/or higher current signals (example 3 Amps instead of 64ma), then a solution could be to use Solid-State-Relays (SSR).
The SSR come in 4 flavors (which are also made in different colors to help distinguish them).
- DC OUTPUT
- AC OUTPUT
- DC INPUT
- AC INPUT
TITLE: Solid State Relay, DC Output, 200v DC, Mini Size
PART NUMBER: 381021
- DC Output
- Load voltage: 4 to 200v DC
- Module Size: Mini
TITLE: Solid State Relay, AC Output, 120v AC, Standard Size
PART NUMBER: 381005
- AC Output
- Load voltage: 24 to 140v AC
- Module Size: Standard
TITLE: Solid State Relay, AC Input, 240v AC, Mini Size
PART NUMBER: 381022
- AC Input
- Load voltage: 180 to 280v DC
- Module Size: Mini